I love granola. I eat it almost every day for breakfast with yogurt and fruit. I used to buy it from the store and not think twice, but when I started reading the ingredient lists on boxes, I was dismayed to find out that a lot of the brands I loved added sugar, preservatives and modified ingredients.
So, I decided to start making my own. It’s so easy that now, I constantly wonder why I didn’t do this earlier. Organic ingredients are easily available and not overly expensive, compared to non-organic products. The best part is it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Options: nuts, seeds, dried fruit — anything you want
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toast the rolled oats on a baking dish for 15 minutes.
- While it’s toasting, mix in the honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the oats.
- Put it back in the oven, and turn it off.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, then remove it and add your additional ingredients (right now, I’m very into adding a mix of super seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, brown flax, golden flax, sesame and chia.)
- Put it in an air-tight container to keep fresh.
And that’s it! Easy right? Let me know if you try it!
Want a private lesson or to sign up for the mailing list? Write to me in the comment box below!